How will I be supported for CPD? Will I get on-the-job training? Will I be an employee or sub-contractor? Which is better? I’ve heard private practice is hard work. Will I burn out?
Join Our Team
7 Reasons to Start Your AWESOME Career at Spine & Sports Physiotherapy
A Flexible Roster – Enjoy a work/life balance that suits your lifestyle.
We care about what drives you – We want to help you achieve your version of success professionally and personally.
E njoyment – Join a team that loves working and spending time with each other.
S tate-Of-The-Art – Incorporate the latest technology such as Shockwave Therapy and Reformer Pilates into treating your active and friendly patients.
O pportunities – Get paaaid and feel secure in your role with a great salary plus additional ways to earn bonus income.
M entoring – Receive regular and individualised professional development training to help you grow into the physio you want to become.
E xperience – A large variety in your clinical caseload. Never get bored and keep learning with the diversity of MSK, Sports, Neuro, Hydrotherapy, Chronic pain, Clinical Pilates and Gym Rehabilitation patients.
Why you’ll love it here…
We believe you should be always learning, which is why the growth and development of our team is an integral part of who we are.
What perks will you get?
- You will receive $1K per year towards continued learning of external courses such as Dry Needling, Clinical Pilates and/or Strength and Conditioning training.
- Feel supported and grow into your new career with structured weekly 1-on-1 mentoring sessions, in-service training, case-conferences with senior physios, and shadow sessions for complex patients.
- Take your time learning how to assess and treat patients effectively with 60 minute Initial Assessments and 30 minute follow up appointments – you won’t be thrown into the deep end here. There will be no pressure to reduce these appointment times as we want you to feel comfortable and supported throughout your career.
- Specifically blocked out self-directed learning time. We have subscriptions to Clinical Edge and Physitrack so you can check your clinical techniques and test out new exercises based on the latest research.
- Your choice of Career Pathway. Want to have your own practice one day? We’ll teach you what we know. Want to do research? Let us structure your patients and caseload to support your study. Want to get management experience and provide clinical supervision? Let’s make it happen.
We understand the importance of a healthy work/life balance. Our team’s happiness is everything, which is why we work together to create a roster that works for you.
What can be the benefits of working together?
- Do you like long weekends? How does a 4-day working week with Mondays off sound? Enjoy having the extra time to explore the south-west or head back up to Perth on your newfound long weekends.
- Footy training on Tuesday and Thursday night? All good. Most of us still play sport and understand the value this brings to our lives.
- Do you want a 3-month sabbatical so you can travel the rest of Australia or experience a European summer (post-COVID). Fantastic. Let’s make it happen!
We want our team members to feel secure in their pay, but also have the opportunity to be rewarded for being awesome!
That’s why we offer our team members the security of an annual salary that’s WELL ABOVE the award, along with super.
Plus, we also provide QUARTERLY BONUS PAYMENTS based on patient billings. These quarterly bonuses allow you to enjoy the fruits of your labour by potentially earning an extra $30-40K per year on top of your salary!
Happy people make happy teams.
We believe that everyone at Spine & Sports Physiotherapy, from the top down, is responsible for creating and building a positive workplace environment and supportive culture where people can be happy and everyone makes a contribution.
The more we help and support one another, the more we will enjoy coming to work.
That being said, after a busy period we all need to blow off a little steam. That’s why we have “Team Cultural Days” tri-annually where we all get together and have some fun.
Whether it’s the staff xmas party, pub quizzes or paintballing, the important part is we have fun and enjoy each other’s company to reinforce our positive environment and how much of a great place it is to work.
PLUS forget bringing a cake in, every team member gets a paid day off on their birthday. How good!!!
Our Clinic is large, light and bright and encompasses an on-site gym and pilates studio.
We have state-of-the-art Pilates equipment and all the Strength and Conditioning tools you need for providing the best care for your patients, including:
- x4 Pilates Reformer Tower Systems
- a Split-Pedal (Wunda) Chair
- a Squat Rack
- a Functional Trainer (Combined Cable & Smith Machine)
- a TRX Suspension Trainer
- a Treadmill
- plus Dumbbells, Kettlebells, BOSU, Fitballs and more…
We also have a Shockwave Therapy machine for treating patients with chronic tendinopathy conditions.
If you want even more technology, every room has its own computer (no paper notes here) and Sonos speaker (to play your own tunes), Physitrack for video exercise prescription, Cliniko for online patient management, and SLACK for team communications.
We have heavily invested in equipment and technology to make our lives, and the lives of our patients, as easy as possible.
What’s it like to work here?
“I started at Spine and Sports Physiotherapy as a new grad and absolutely love it here! I have grown a lot as a physiotherapist and it’s all thanks to Dan and the team! Dan made it possible for me to earn more than I expected as a new grad and is open and supportive of all my goals, so much so that I’ve achieved all my 3 year goals in 18 months! We’ve even built a gym and pilates studio which was a goal I talked about in my interview! Next up is developing my business skills, working towards management and looking into buying into the practice. I can’t wait to see where the next 3 years take me!” ~ Leila, Physiotherapist
“My first year at Spine and Sports has been absolutely fantastic! The varied caseload has given me experience in many different fields, and the individualised mentoring sessions have been incredible for encouraging constant improvement, learning and self-reflection. I’ve especially appreciated the way that Dan has prioritised tailoring the position to suit my lifestyle. There’s never been pressure to reduce appointment times – it’s all about ensuring that you’re learning as much as you can and feeling as comfortable as possible” ~ Tom, Physiotherapist
Current Career Opportunities Available
Are you a Physio looking to get away from the hustle and bustle so you can live near the beach, have a 10-minute commute and a flexible roster so you can focus on enjoying your life outside of work? How does a 4 day working week sound so you can go explore Margaret River and everything the south-west has to offer?
What about if you also happened to work with a great team (and friendly patients) in an expanding private practice so you actually enjoyed coming to the office? If this sounds like the work/life balance you’re looking for, then this is your opportunity to join the fastest growing physiotherapy clinic situated in the beautiful South-West.
Bunbury is located only 1.5 hours from Perth and just over an hour to Yallingup and the Margaret River region. If you love enjoying life outside of work, you’ll feel right at home with our great beaches, water-sports, and local wineries. Come and experience the relaxed lifestyle of regional WA (all this and only a short drive from Perth).
Seeking a positive change? Didn’t you know a workplace can also be enjoyable 🙂 Come and find out why no-one leaves working here.
At Spine & Sports Physiotherapy we provide an abundance of mentoring and support throughout the year and are highly motivated to help you be the physio you want to be with the lifestyle you want to live.
We are growing rapidly and have expanded our practice three times already – join the team now as we integrate Clinical Pilates and onsite Gym Rehabilitation into our new and exciting program.
Benefits of joining the team at Spine & Sports Physiotherapy:
- Flexible Roster. Do you like long weekends? How does a 4-day working week sound with Mondays off so you can go explore the south-west or head back up to Perth on your new found long weekends?
- Part-Time / Full-Time Hours – you decide. Live and enjoy a work/life balance that suits you.
- $70-90K Salary (based on experience) PLUS BONUSES – earn an extra $30-40K per year on top of your salary!!!
- $1000 per year for external CPD courses.
- 4 weeks Annual Leave PLUS an extra 1-2 weeks off over the Xmas Break
- Forget bringing in a cake on your birthday, have a paid day off instead! Because no-one should have to work on their birthday 🙂
- Incorporate the latest technology into your patients treatment sessions with Shockwave Therapy and/or rehabilitate your patients effectively using our on-site Rehab Gym and Clinical Pilates studio.
- FREE Gym Membership (at all Anytime Fitness Gyms globally)
- $500-$7500 Relocation Support (for eligible candidates moving from the city)
- Complete understanding of the importance of a work/life balance and what a young person needs to do in life. We are dedicated to keeping you as a happy team member. For example, if you’ve felt trapped in Western Australia and feel you need a 3-month sabbatical so you can travel the rest of Australia or experience a European summer (post-COVID). No problems, let’s make it happen!
What your Role & Responsibilities will involve:
- Manage a caseload of primarily MSK patients, including private, DVA, GPMP, MVA, Worker’s Compensation, and NDIS cases.
- Treat patients using a combination of manual therapy and exercise prescription, whilst also having the ability to offer modern treatment strategies such as shockwave therapy.
- Teach Clinical Pilates and Gym Rehabilitation group classes in our on-site Rehab Gym and Clinical Pilates studio (on-the-job training can be provided).
- Gain experience in other forms of physiotherapy treatment and rehabilitation options, including neurological and amputee patients.
- Work with all types of athletes from weekend warriors, state/Australian masters players to professional athletes.
- Get paid to drive to locals gyms/pools for further gym-based exercise rehabilitation and/or hydrotherapy sessions.
- Writing letters and liaising with relevant parties (GPs, specialists, insurance companies, etc).
- A fun, friendly personality with the ability to work independently and also within an awesome team environment.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Physiotherapy
- Eligibility to work in Australia
- Registered with AHPRA
- Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance
- Current Driver’s License and Your Own Car
- Current National Police Clearance Certificate
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience working in a MSK/Private Practice Setting
- Previous experience with mentoring Physio Students and New Grads
- Advanced Dry Needling Certification
- APPI Pilates Instructor
- Advanced Rigid and K-Taping
How to Apply:
If you are passionate about helping people and want to live the “down-south” dream with a great work/life balance in the relaxed south-west, then a physiotherapist position with us may suit you perfectly.
Simply scroll down the page and submit the online form.
Spine & Sports Physiotherapy Google Reviews
We are committed to delivering 5 star service at Spine and Sports Physiotherapy. Below are a few of our realtime reviews direct from Google.